After we cut out sugar and gluten, baking became a real challenge. I find the secret is using butter instead of the often substituted coconut oil. This recipe is hiding a secret ingredient: courgette! Rest assured no one will guess it's there though!
80ml nut milk (1/3 cup)
1 teasp vanilla extract
60gr buckwheat flour (1/2 cup)
60gr almond flour (1/2 cup)
1.5 teasp baking powder
1/2 teasp baking soda
5 tblsp cacao powder
100gr chocolate (min 80%), roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Mix all wet ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Add dry ingredients to blender and mix loosely until just combined
- Pour into a cake in
- Add a thin slices of banana to the top
- Cook for 45 minutes
- Let cool slightly before removing from tin and slicing.
- Slices freeze really well separated with baking paper. Toast in the oven, no need to defrost.